Tuesday 20 January 2015

My haircare routine

Helloooo,

This post is going to be centered around my hair routine because I've never had one until recently and I can't even describe how much easier my hair is to manage. I guess you could say I have quite long hair and it's curly so I find it really hard to handle. Now, my hairs become just so much easier to maintain, it's less knotty and my curls are more defined and less curly. 

I'll start with the basics. I wash my hair either every two days or every three days, depending on what it's like. I rarely use a hair dryer and I straighten my hair once a week but sometimes I go a while without straightening it.

The first product I use (after wetting my hair, obviously) is the umberto giannini pure curls detangling shampoo. I don't use a lot but I use enough to cover my hair from roots to ends. I leave it in for about a minute and then wash it out.
Once I've washed the shampoo out I squeeze the water out to make my hair dryer. Making my hair damp means that I don't have to use as much conditioner and it moisture sit better. I put the curl enhancing conditioner from my ears to my ends and leave it in for about ten to twenty minutes.
Once I've washed the conditioner out, I squeeze my hair dry and scrunch this nourishing oil by umberto giannini. This smells soooo nice, the best way I can describe it what you'd expect a hairdressers to smell (extremely nice, I wish you could smell it). This has been helping to make my hair less frizzy and put my ends in better condition.

I then use this scrunching jelly, this is what has really really been helping my curls. I don't know if it's just me but as my hairs gotten longer my curls aren't as curly, if that makes any sense? But, this is what's been getting my curls back to how they used to be and I know it'll be a repurchase.


After a day or two of not washing my hair I use dry shampoo by batiste, I'm sure you've heard of it. It's super affordable and really helps with extra volume.

Thank you for reading, I'll be doing my next post on Thursday. It's a review.

All my love,
A British Brunette xo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 a british brunette