Thursday 15 January 2015

How to keep organized

Hellooooo,

Today I'm going to be telling you about how I keep organized because without it my life would be all over the place. I have my GCSEs coming up which is of course stressful and needs a lot of revision. Then I have this blog, I want it to become my little area where I can communicate with readers. So, I need organization to help me manage my posts. Then I have little things to organize like: going on jogs, meeting people, going places etc... Basically, without organizing I wouldn't be able to manage any of the above so I thought I'd share some of my tips with you.

01. I think one of the most important things is transferring what you need to do from your head onto a piece of paper. How are you meant to manage what you're doing if it's all jumbled in your head? Whether you write it out onto a mind map or you do a list, it doesn't matter just as long as you have it there in front of you. This always seems daunting to me because I know that I have a lot to do BUT when I've written it out it's far easier to manage.

02. The next thing I do is take into account what I have to do and decide when I'm going to do it. Personally, I like to use the calendar on my iPad as it links with the calendar on my phone, then I always know what I'm doing and when I'm doing it. This is what my calendar looks like: 

As you can see it says what subjects I'm revising on what days. It says what days I go on a jog. It also says which days I'm writing a blogpost (Tuesday's, Thursday's and Sunday's). As well as that, I write what the blogpost is going to be about e.g "How to keep organized". I then have one off things wrote out for example "DUBLIN". I'm going there next weekend (look out for a blogpost). Has anyone got any recommendations for it?

This is what the calendar looks like on my phone:



03. The third step that is the thing that I used to avoid doing is, check your calendar everyday. I used to avoid this because then I didn't have to do whatever I had planned as I essentially "forgot". 

I really hoped that my tips have helped you as I've found that since I've been following them I've been A LOT more organized. What do you do to keep organized?

All my love,
A British Brunette xo

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I'm doing RE GCSE too :) xx

    www.emilysbeautythoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 a british brunette